At Kids’ Academy, our curriculum is based on the British Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework. The EYFS includes our Toddler Classes, Nursery Classes, Kindergarten Classes and Reception Classes. The framework is based upon four distinct but complementary principles, which shapes and underpins our practice and philosophy at Kids’ Academy:
- A Unique Child – We recognise that every child is a competent learner from birth, who can be resilient, capable, confident and self–assured.
- Positive Relationships – Built on the foundations of how children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and/or a key person.
- Enabling Environment – Environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning.
- Learning and Development – We acknowledge that children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates, and that all areas of learning and development are equally important and inter–connected.
The Early Years Foundation Stage framework leads to the British National Curriculum. We focus on a series of achievements and objectives, around which our themes and activities are structured.
There are seven areas of learning and development that shape our foundation educational programmes in Kids’ Academy. All areas of learning and development are important and inter-connected. Three areas are particularly crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, and for building their capacity to learn, form relationships and thrive. These three areas, the prime areas, are:
- Communication & Language
- To experience a rich language environment
- To develop confidence and skills in expressing themselves
- To speak and listen in a range of situations
- Physical Development
- To be active and interactive
- To develop co-ordination, control and movement
- To understand the importance of physical activity
- To make healthy choices in terms of food
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- To develop a positive sense of themselves, and others
- To form positive relationships and develop respect for others
- To develop social skills & learn how to manage their feelings
- To understand appropriate behavior in groups
- To have confidence in their own abilities
Kids’ Academy also supports children in four specific areas, through which the three prime areas are strengthened and applied. The specific areas are:
- To link sounds and letters and to begin to read and write
- To ignite their interest in a wide range of reading materials
- To develop and improve their skills in counting, understanding and using numbers
- To calculate simple addition and subtraction problems
- To describe shapes, spaces and measures
- Understanding the World
- To make sense of their physical world and their community
- To explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment
- Expressive Arts & Design
- To enable them to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials
- To provide opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings
- To provide a range of activities in art, music, movement, dance, role-play, and design & technology
Key Stage 1 & 2 (6 –11 years)
Our primary school programme is based on the National Curriculum for England, it is designed to deliver the skills and knowledge your child needs to succeed in the future. It has been adapted with learning materials that reflect our school’s location in Thailand and highlight the rich local culture.
There are ample opportunities for real world learning with field trips, taking the learning out of the classroom and into hands-on experiences in meaningful ways within the community and local area.
From Year One we cover the British national primary curriculum. This includes the core subjects – English, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography, Social, Art & Design, Music, Physical Education, Modern Languages, Computing, Personal, Thai Citizenship, Religion, Social and Health Education. Throughout our primary curriculum we reflect on Thailand’s rich geographic, historic, artistic and musical culture.